November 25, 2020
Ephesians 5:23, “For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, His body, of which He is the Savior.”
Ephesians 6:4, “Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.”
We’ve all heard the expression “man up,” meaning to fulfill your responsibilities as a man. Don’t be a wimp! Do the right thing! Take action on that which matters most — wives and children. So, man up!
“So goes the husband and father, so goes the family” isn’t just a clever saying; it’s the truth! Although man and wife are equal in form, they are unique in function. Thus, a man’s role within the family cannot be understated. Men are to lead their family, not because they’re superior, but because God has uniquely tasked them with this responsibility.
Most importantly, husbands and fathers must be the spiritual pacesetter, making God the household’s utmost priority. Men simply cannot afford to drop the ball in this area. So, again, husbands, fathers, it’s time to man up!
Are you a single mom? Have no fear! God promises to be a “father to the fatherless.” He will work through you and others to provide for your children’s needs. You are not alone!
• Husbands and Fathers: Take a moment to evaluate your performance as the spiritual leader of your marriage and family.
• Wives: Take this moment to ask God for wisdom to help your husband be the leader he needs to be.
• Singles: Keep this in mind for the future when you select a spouse.
• Husbands: Dear God, show me where I am not leading in my home so that I can make the necessary changes. Thank You for Your insight and grace to be all that I need to be for my family. Amen.
• Wives: Dear God, Give my husband the wisdom he needs to lead our family in a way that’s pleasing to You and life-changing for our family. Amen.
• Singles: Dear God, Help me to remember the importance of strong male leadership in marriage for the future. Amen.